GRASSWALK JUNGLE CAMP
The GrassWalk Jungle Camp is a place forgotten by time. An oasis of charm and grace, where everyday problems melt away. The camp is situated at one & a half hours drive from the main city of Hyderabad. The camp is known by its beauty and close to nature recognition. It is a definitive destination for guests who like to visit the most remote places away from the crowd. Vikharabad was the hunting place of the 6th Nizam and his nobles. The town vikharabad was named after the Vikhar-ul-umra , The then prime minister of Hyderabad . The dama-gundam Temple is situated in the middle of the forest surrounded by the fresh water springs which flow throughout the year.
The temperature here is known to always be 5*C less than the city, The forest is interconnected till the anatagiri hill range and rasnam ,The breeze is healthy and pure , The 7th nizam build a sanitarium 60 years ago at anantagiri for the T.B patients and is about 30 kms away from our camp and is located and on the other side of the vikharabad town ,The vikharabad is also known for mango farming (amrai).
We are situated on the edge of the Damagundam forest. Forest is home for Sambar, Blackbuck, Cheetal (spotted deer) Chowsingha (four-horned antelope), Chinkara (Indian gazelle), Junglee Bakri (wild goat), Mouse Deer, rabbit, hare, wild boar, bush pig, porcupines, python, monitor lizards etc. Among the birds peacocks are the most common that are regularly found feasting in the fields. Then there is Double Spur or jungle fowl, quails and partridges etc. In the monsoons black bug migrations happen from the neighboring plains. .The GrassWalk Jungle Camp is ideally located to promote eco-tourism in the area and we encourage people to learn rules of the jungle and camping, We are the pioneers in Hyderabad to commercially establish camping accommodation at Gudpally Village . The camp was appreciated by (T.I.E.S) The International eco-tourism society (Washington D.C –U.S.A) & is their member since 2012.
As we have managed a sustainable camp between the conflict of man and nature, we would like our guest to read the do’s & do not’s at the camp:
- Wear light colored clothing to be in a pleasant mood. Bright colors react on the mind differently when you are between
- Keep a sun screen, and insect replant and a small torch handy if possible.
- Exploring the jungle is always exciting but in your excitement do not forget to keep the environment clean.
- Please carry a medication if you’re allergic to dust.
- Avoid using strong perfumes and shampoos as the scent may attract insects.
- Check your shoes and gloves if left unattended before wearing.
- Check your linen & bed before you switch of the lights in the tent.
- Close the tent nets before you switch on the lights in the evening.
Please keep in mind that these rules have been laid down for your safety and concerned.
Rs. 2450/- for 24 hours. + Luxury Tax and service (Inclusive of Breakfast)
3800/- for 24 hours. + Luxury Tax and service (Inclusive of Breakfast)
GROUP PACKAGE (9AM – 9PM)
Rs. 7000/- + Luxury Tax and service. For a minimum group of 10 Guests , Excluding meals
Rs. 1000/- + luxury Tax and service per extra guest residing in the above tents for 24hrs.
(No charges for children below 12 years.)
* Rates are quoted, invoiced and payable in INDIAN RUPEES.
* Rates are subject to change without prior notice.
The GrassWalk, Gudupally Village,
Vikarabad, Ranga Reddy Distict,
Reservations for camp
Contact: +91 9949912944